Posts Tagged ‘toy story’
Got a link? Send it our way!
- TRANSFORMERS 4 will feature new designs and Michael Bay promises it will be his last, way to leave on a high note buddy. [hereocomplex]
- MTV turning SCREAM movie franchise into a TV series, so I guess the movies are over? [tvline]
- What a cast! Louis C.K., Peter Sarsgaard and Andrew Dice Clay join Woody Allen’s latest. [variety]
- Pixar planning two 22-minute TOY STORY TV specials for 2013 and 2014, yes please. [bigscreenanimation]
- Vincent Cassel is in talks to join Viggo Mortensen for the EASTERN PROMISES sequel. [vulture]
- THE HANGOVER III heading down south to Tijuana. [filmstage]
- An action franchise based on the life of Sir Isaac Newton is in development, wait what? [guardian]
- New artwork from Guillermo del Toro’s stop-motion PINOCCHIO, I’m freaking out here man. [dreadcentral]
- First image from DreamWorks Animation’s MR. PEABODY AND SHERMAN. [Image]
- New IRON MAN 3 set photos reveal A.I.M., nerds will know what it means. [i09]
Here are seven minutes of Super 8mm behind the scenes footage from Return of the Jedi, for some reason:
A collection of links from across the web that may be film, TV and or entertainment related.
- Debut posters for Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter here and here.
- FX lines up unscripted late night comedy series with Russell Brand. [mtv]
- Reese Witherspoon to star in West Memphis 3 story Devil’s Knot. [variety]
- Peter Farrelly to write and direct comedy pilot for CBS. [movieweb]
- Salmon Fishing in the Yemen trailer. [yahoo]
- Marvel Comics have revealed that Woody and Buzz will be returning for a new adventure set between the first two Toy Story movies. [IGN]
New Trailer for GHOST RIDER: SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE:
- Screen Gems confirms The Raid remake is a go [see cool trailer here]. [comingsoon]
- Billy Crystal is the host of the The Academy Awards. [deadline]
- Beauty and the Beast 3D has a new theatrical poster [image]
- The Simpsons arcade game is coming to home consoles, finally. [gamespot]
- Bruce Campbell talks new ‘Evil Dead’ and confirms Ash is not in the movie. [tvguide]
- Steve Carell set to star in ‘Lunatics’ [deadline]
- Buzz Lightyear and ‘Toy Story’ gang return for ‘Small Fry’. [usatoday]
Watch Darren Aronofksy’s terrifying anti-meth PSA’s below:
- New details revealed for the Captain America sequel, keep trying to make this franchise happen guys! [nbcmiami]
- Update on Universal Pictures remake of The Invisible Man, more like the inevitable shitty box office. [herocomplex]
- Lee Unkrich reveals some rejected Toy Story titles that were tossed, hilariously bad. [aicn]
- HBO is considering a fourth West Memphis Three documentary. [thr]
- Visual effects for Game of Thrones. [likecool]
Dragonslayer Trailer: Skateboarding and Anarchy in a Punk Rock Doc – watch it below:
- Johnny Knoxville and Patton Oswalt are brothers in new comedy. [deadline]
- New Toy Story Toon “Small Fry” Plot Details. [pixartimes]
- Oblivion’ Writer Tackling ‘Viking’ movie. [thr]
- The Dark Knight Rises wraps in Pittsburgh, Christopher Nolan says “thank you”. [batmannews]
- Wachowskis Cloud Atlas Finally Taking Off In September. [mtv]
- Great new Poster For James McTeigue’s The Raven Starring John Cusack. [comicbookmovie]
- Pixar is making a dinosaur movie,it’s going to be awesome.. [latimes]
Pixar’s Toy Story 3 has now grossed over $895 million worldwide, surpassing Finding Nemo’s $867.8 million to become the highest grossing Pixar movie in history. I am surprised but also very happy, as the movie was amazing if you didn’t know [my reaction here]. It’s only been out for 7 weeks (and yes, has some 3D priced tickets to help it out), and it’s already there. Mental. For those of you undecided on if you should check it out, please do – in 2D. Best second sequel of all time? Well, that sounds like a post for CoF don’t you think?
When I first learned of another sequel to the already perfect film set that is Toy Story and Toy Story 2 I’ll be honest, I was scared. I immediately felt betrayed by the team at Pixar as I jumped to conclusions as to why they wanted to make another film. It didn’t occur to me that maybe there was more to tell, something more to say to bring it all full circle.
The journey myself and much of the world took with these toys was one of reminiscence, for the older audience the days of young were behind us and we embraced these toys as if they were at one point our own. For the young, it gave them a chance to believe – believe that the childhood they were living could last forever with a bit of imagination and a big toy box. What am I getting at? Toy Story 3 is the best movie of 2010 thus far and should be nominated for Best Picture when award season comes around. I had high expectations walking into the film and upon exiting; I knew each of those expectations were exceeded beyond words. I saw the film weeks ago and can just now put to you how perfect this movie is. How’s that for hype?
The packed theater stood and cheered when the credits fell, some wiping away tears – older members hiding it with the fake search for their wallet and keys. It’s another masterpiece by Disney/Pixar that touches on nostalgia to please every possible moviegoer there is. The final act will have you on the edge of your seat – amazed at what powerful animation, music and storytelling can do for us. This is what a movie should do; this is why we love them. It’s worth the wait in line, worth the ticket price and worth the crying baby a few rows over.
Toy Story is a series that will last to infinity and beyond (had to do it), it’s funny, inventive, touching and thanks to this final act; it’s flawless. The trilogy brings to an end an amazing set of movies that must be cherished. It’s a story about leaving the past with fears of moving on. Something we all must come to terms with.
A perfect conclusion to a perfect movie trilogy. For the folks at Pixar, I have one question for you: Where do you get those wonderful toys?