Posts Tagged ‘the three stooges’
Well we made it; the second episode of The Review has arrived. The response to the first episode was great, so thank you all very much. I hope you continue to enjoy the upcoming episodes as much as I did making them.
Today’s episode deals with one of the greatest comedy teams in the history of film, so sit back, throw a pie, have a nyuk, and enjoy the show!
Welcome to The CoF Weekend Preview, here is a look at what’s opening this weekend and what else you might want to watch. Check back Monday for a new City Strip, it’s #99 and it’s glorious.
They wanted you to think it was another silly horny kids killed off one by one in the woods movie, but it’s not…it’s smart. I’m curious enough to probably go see this for myself, it was another Kevin pick so he might be able to review it for us if he ever leaves his house (he won’t).
I didn’t know this movie wasn’t coming straight to DVD. Guy Pearce should be bigger than he is, so whatever it takes to get his name out there. Good or bad.
This is almost to easy to hate on, and I can’t do that. The Farrelly brothers have some balls to make this movie knowing it’s going to get torn to shreds before it even premiers. Growing up in my house it was usually Laurel & Hardy and a touch of Marx Bros., never the Stooges. Good luck to those involved, great efforts all around it looks like.
BULLY (PG-13, limited) – They are getting more theaters because they took out the word “fuck”. You know what’s a more dangerous word? Censorship. Your mind blown?
Real Time with Bill Maher (Friday, HBO) – For those from my neck of the woods in Canada, Kim Campbell will be stopping by.
Eastbound and Down (Sunday, HBO) – The series finale, you will be missed Kenny.
Girls (Sunday, HBO) – The series premiere. The trailers make it seem entertaining enough and the second episode is titled “Vagina Panic”. So you know, there’s that.
The Simpsons (Sunday, FOX) – Yes it’s finally back with a new episode, the only new episode on FOX that night.
Here is a full new trailer for Bobby and Peter Farrelly’s The Three Stooges movie, which will be hitting theaters on April 13th. It’s full of sounds that come right out of a classic Stooges film, but I still feel this won’t work with today’s audiences. I would much rather have seen these guys handle a black and white version set in the 40′s or 50′s. Here is the first trailer that features Snookie, sigh.
Left on a nun’s doorstep, Larry, Curly and Moe grow up finger-poking, nyuk-nyuking and woo-woo-wooing their way to uncharted levels of knuckleheaded misadventure. Out to save their childhood home, only The Three Stooges could become embroiled in an oddball murder plot…while also stumbling into starring in a phenomenally successful TV reality show.
The question was will Peter and Bobby Farrelly‘s The Three Stooges (a passion project once set to star Sean Penn, Jim Carrey and Benicio Del Toro) be any good? From watching the trailer below, I can answer this – but why give it away, watch it yourself.
Of course Snooki is in, the movie is set in the present day, it’s also got iPhone gags too – these are things we know! As for the cast, I have to say the impressions here are good enough. The original Stooges had impeccable timing though, something I don’t can be captured in modern take with more editing than the Stooges are used to.
Three Stooges opens April 13th, 2012, here’s the trailer and synopsis:
- First look at Tim Burton’s feature-length version of ‘Frankenweenie’. [ew]
- Oliver Stone is set to direct ‘The Power Broker’ for HBO, a biopic about Robert “Master Builder” Moses. [thr]
- First Look at Will Sasso, Sean Hayes & Chris Diamantopoulos as ‘The Three Stooges’. [usatoday]
- Sean Penn is confirmed to direct ‘The Comedian’ starring Robert De Niro and Kristen Wiig. [reuters]
- Back-to-back sequels to ‘Independence Day’ are still coming. [nymag]
Trailer for SAINT DRACULA – the first ever 3D Dracula movie, watch it below:
- Jason Reitman’s ‘Labor Day’ is getting set up at Paramount Pictures, the project will star Kate Winslet and Josh Brolin. [THR]
- The Three Stooges gets a Release Date [THR]
- Two official posters for the hockey movie, ‘Goon’. [ramascreen]
- Fox Searchlight picks up Steve McQueen’s NC-17 drama ‘Shame’. [deadline]
- Denzel Washington officially set to take ‘Flight’ with Robert Zemeckis. [digitalspy]
- Hannibal Lecter TV Series in Development. [comingsoon]
A 15 Second preview of the trailer for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn: