Posts Tagged ‘The Expendables 2’
Welcome to The CoF Weekend Preview, here is a look at what’s opening this weekend and don’t forget to check out the City of Films SUMMER MOVIE GUIDE so you can plan your summer movie experience. See you here Monday for the City Strip.
If you liked the first one, you will probably like this one just as much or even more. Any movie that can bring back Chuck Norris is alright in my books. So many names here it’s pretty impressive, you can tell they had a great time making this one. Imagine the parties after, the stories they shared, to be a drunk fly on that wall let me tell you.
A nice sweet concept that might be a good balance for the wife and daughters while the men in your house check out Sly’s Expendables 2. Jennifer Garner, I don’t know still, we forgive her for Elektra?
Now this looks good, I live stop-motion and the story here (a boy who can see dead people) isn’t the most original, but here’ to hoping the execution of the whole thing works like magic.
I’m not one for melodramatic sing song movies; the voices here are great if that’s your thing though.
The 2012 Summer Movie Season is on and The City of Films has put together your guide of the must-see movies including each superhero extravaganza, highly anticipated blockbusters and the lesser known movies getting a limited release.
So sit back and grab a cold one as we take a look at this summer’s releases.
The Expendables 2 much like the first installment won’t be winning any major awards, but it’s sure going to be fun. Van Damme is the villian here and is looking to get his hands on a lot of plutonium or something.
Watch the trailer below, The Expendables 2 opens on August 17th.
TODAY’S LINKS: Lovelace Poster, HBO Gets McConaughey and Harrelson, Louis C.K. Is Louis C.K. wins Webby Awards, and More
A collection of film, TV and entertainment related links from across the web.
Got a link? Send it our way!
- Watch a supercut of Val Kilmer taking off glasses. [buzzfeed]
- Amanda Seyfried is looking good and ready in the LOVELACE poster. [image]
- HBO has orderd 8 Episodes of TRUE DETECTIVE Starring Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson, yes please. [thr]
- The poster for A Fantastic Fear of Everything with Simon Pegg. [image]
- Michelle Rodriguez set for Fast & Furious 6 and Machete Kills. [variety]
- 5 Movie Apocalypses That Would Defeat Themselves. [cracked]
- Louis C.K. wins Webby Awards Person of the Year honors, obviously. [thewrap]
The Expendables 2 Teaser Starring Terry Crews
It’s almost been 9 years since Arnold Schwarzenegger fired a gun (Terminator 3), but he’s back, along with all his playground buddies in the first trailer for The Expendables 2. There is no plot in here, just what some may call the best action movie roster of all time: Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Chuck Norris, Terry Crews, Randy Couture, Liam Hemsworth, Jean Claude Van Damme, Bruce Willis, and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
The film will get a August 17 release next year, in the mean time watch the teaser below and there’s a synopsis too if you care:
Today’s Links: Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D, Dark Knight Rises At Occupy Wall Street, Electric DeLorean Happening and More
- You saw the bad-ass trailer, now here’s the poster for ‘The Grey’ starring Liam Neeson. [image]
- ‘The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D’ teaser poster is here. [image]
- The Dark Knight Rises will possibly film at Occupy Wall Street. [nymag]
- No ‘Expendables’ sequel for Mickey Rourke, he will be missed. [deadline]
- DeLorean Car Company apparently building an electric version of the car, sold. [autoguide]
- Anne Hathaway has been cast in ‘Les Miserables’ film. [bbc]
Trailer for Harry Potter Documentary ‘When Harry Left Hogwarts – a new documentary that will be on either the Blu-ray or DVD of Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2:
- Stallone, Schwarzenegger and Willis on the Set of The Expendables 2, awesome. Schwarzenegger tweeted the image with the following message: Back in action for The Expendables 2! I’m having a fantastic time on set with Bruce and Sly in Bulgaria. [image]
- Jim Carrey to join Steve Carell in ‘Burt Wonderland’. [deadline]
- Steven Soderbergh’s Liberace biopic picked up by HBO. [reuters]
- Sandra Bullock to Join Clint Eastwood in ‘Trouble with the Curve’. [twitch]
- James Cameron Talks about Bringing Back Sigourney Weaver in Avatar 2. [nymag]
- The Walking Dead Mad Magazine Cover. [image]
Here is a trailer for THE DIVIDE, a post-apocalyptic thriller with Michael Biehn, watch it below: