Posts Tagged ‘terminator 5’
The Terminator franchise has come a long way, but it looks like even it can’t escape…the reboot.
The long gestating fifth film in the series has been given a release date, June 26, 2015, and an interesting press release which states that this will be the first film of a new rebooted standalone Terminator trilogy. How much of a reboot it will be remains to be seen, as Arnold Schwarzenegger is still set to appear as the title character.
It will be interesting to see how they explain why there’s an old Terminator running around out there. If they are completely rebooting the series, this might have been the time to recast the Terminator role and shuffle Arnold over to the John Connor character. Who knows what they have planned though, I’m sure we’ll find out more soon enough.
One rumour that has been popping up lately is that Dwayne Johnson could possibly appear in the film as another Terminator that goes head to head with Arnold. It seems like ol’ Dwayne has been showing up in just about every franchise lately. Not that that’s a bad thing though, the guy is definitely entertaining to watch.
Read the whole press release after the jump!
Did you fall asleep during Terminator Salvation too? Well the next Terminator, Terminator 5 might just have an added element to keep you awake…Arnold is back! Arnold Schwarzenegger is set to return, he has revealed and will indeed be the Terminator in the fifth installment, and shooting is set to begin in January.
Paramount Pictures was in talks to distribute the upcoming sequel, and the pieces were fell into place with Laeta Kalogridis (Shutter Island) and Patrick Lussier (Drive Angry) working on a script. Justin Lin was going to direct at one point, but he decided to do Fast & Furious 6 instead, so T5 is still looking for a director.
Now the bigger issue: the writers will have to find a reason why an even older robot is around (wrinkles!) and how this can relate to the events of Terminator Salvation. Is it too much of a stretch? Arnold doesn’t think so:
In fact, I’m very happy that the studios want me to be in Terminator 5 and to star AS the Terminator, which we start shooting in January and I’m also going to do King Conan – to play that role and also to do another Twins movie. So I feel very proud of that. I feel very happy and I’m looking forward to doing those films.
Do you guys think it’s a stretch? Comment below or on our Facebook page.
- The “Seven Samurai” remake has a director, Scott Mann. [variety]
- Catfish directors take on Paranormal Activity 3. [bloody-disgusting]
- Rachel Weisz to play evil witch in Disney’s ‘Oz’. [THR]
- Friedberg, Seltzer’s latest spoof “The Biggest Movie of All Time 3D” is happening, making me sad. [variety]
- Tomb Raider to get reboot, as you do. [deadline]
- Jay Baruchel is writing two projects, “Random Acts of Violence” and a rewrite of Summit’s “Exorcism Diaries.” [THR]
- Terminator 5′ director Justin Lin (Fast Five) denies original cast reunion. [MTV]
- ‘Twilight Saga’ author Stephenie Meyer’s ‘The Host’ with Saoirse Ronan to star. [deadline]
Full Trailer for CONAN THE BARBARIAN (more…)