Posts Tagged ‘Sin City: A Dame to Kill For’
Got a link? Send it our way!
- Lucasfilm postpones plans for further Star Wars 3D re-releases. [starwars.com]
- Paul Giamatti in talks to play The Rhino in Spider-Man 2. [THR]
- Gore Verbinski is set to direct an adaptation of the graphic novel Pyongyang. [deadline]
- Julia Garner joins Sin City: A Dame to Kill For. [comingsoon]
- Inside look at J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek Into Darkness [facebook]
- Man of Steel’s box office to determine Justice League’s fate. [variety]
Joseph Gordon-Levitt shows no sign of slowing down after a stellar 2012, he will be joining the Sin City sequel A Dame To Kill For. According to Empire, he’s got a lead role in Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller’s graphic novel sequel to the amazing Sin City. He will play Johnny, an ultra-smooth character that didn’t appear in the novels, but was created specifically for the film.
JGL said in a press release “I love how the first movie uses VFX, not to make fake things look real, but to create a heightened world unburdened by the look and feel of reality.” Gordon-Levitt says in a statement. “Plus, nobody makes a badass like Mr Rodriguez.”
The cast for the film which is now shooting includes Jessica Alba, Jamie Chung, Alexa Vega, Rosario Dawson, Jamie King, Mickey Rourke, Clive Owen, Dennis Haysbert and Bruce Willis.
SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR was developed by Frank Miller based upon his graphic novel, with a screenplay by Miller and Academy Award winner William Monahan (The Departed). The film will be released on October 4, 2013.
We have a release date for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller’s sequel (but it’s more of a prequel) to Sin City will open in 3D on October 4, 2013. Mickey Rourke will return to play Marv and Jessica Alba will reprise her role as Nancy Callahan. Rodriguez and Miller co-wrote the screenplay with Oscar-winning screenwriter Willliam Monahan (The Departed). Here is a synopsis via Amazon.
A collection of film, TV and entertainment related links from across the web.
Got a link? Send it our way!
- Michael Pitt to write, produce, and star in adaptation of YOU CAN’T WIN. [variety]
- THE HUNGER GAMES heads back to IMAX theaters, if you missed it. [deadline]
- Mickey Rourke and Rosario Dawson to return for SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR. [mtv]
- Red-Band Trailer for HIGH SCHOOL, it’s 4/20 bro! [hulu]
- Martin Scorsese to Direct Leonardo DiCaprio in THE WOLF OF WALL STREET is confirmed. [thr]
- Mark Wahlberg to become the AVON MAN. [comingsoon]
First Trailer for RUBY SPARKS Starring Paul Dano and Zoe Kazan.
Remember 7 years ago when Sin City punched audiences in the face with how awesome it was? Remember how almost every month since then there have been rumors about Sin City 2? This may be hard to believe now but Sin City 2 is actually going to happen. It was announced that Robert Rodriguez’s Quick Draw Productions and Alexander Rodnyansky’s AR Films will partner with Dimension Films on Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, which is set to begin filming this summer.
Sin City, creator/co-director/writer Frank Miller said: “The first Sin City knocked out audiences who had never seen anything like it before. Robert Rodriguez and I are going to shake things up and deliver a ferocious film experience that is going to go even further than the first.”
Rodriguez has said that the plot will involve three separate stories from Miller: A Dame to Kill For and two new ones that have yet to be announced. Casting is set to begin next week with much of the original cast returning. Miller’s A Dame to Kill For features the character of Dwight, played by Clive Owen in the 2005 film, so let’s hope they get him back.
FYI: It’s about time.