Posts Tagged ‘Silence’
Director Martin Scorsese’s passion project Silence is finally going to happen. The adaptation of the Shusaku Endo novel has been talked about for about 15 years, and now after completing The Wolf of Wall Street (with Leonardo DiCaprio) Deadline reports that financing for Silence has been secured.
Written by Scorsese and Jay Cocks, the story takes place in the 17th century and follows a group of missionaries sent to Japan in order to investigate the reported torturing of Christians by the country’s emperor.
The plan is for filming to begin in Taiwan in July 2014.
A collection of links from across the web that may be film, TV and or entertainment related.
- Here is the first look at the Neighborhood Watch cast Richard Ayoade, Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, and Jonah Hill. [here and here]
- Chris Columbus is set to produce a film about Jesus Christ as a Kid, that doesn’t sound right. [variety]
- Martin Scorsese says his next is finally the adaptation of Silence. [bleedingcool]
- Dwayne Johnson and Mark Wahlberg are in talks for Michael Bay’s Pain and Gain. [reelz]
- The 24 movie to will start shooting in 2012. [deadline]
- Benicio Del Toro drops out of J.J. Abrams Star Trek sequel. [nymag]
The Boardwalk Empire season finale is this coming Sunday, here is the “To the Lost” promo, and it’s excellent. It’s been a very compelling season; a slow boil much like the first season with payoffs here and there. I’d like to think the season finale will be a stunner, you with me? Watch the promo: