Posts Tagged ‘Robert Zemeckis’
Director Robert Zemeckis continues his work with live-action after making some motion-capture movies for us in the form of an action figure adaptation. Major Matt Mason will be a 3D movie that will star Hanks as Mason, an astronaut trapped on a moon base with a group of people. “The story is one of survival, as the film won’t feature any aliens or antagonists”.
Speaking with The Wrap, Hanks said that he “started tinkering with the story after Larry Crowne and that he has co-written the screenplay with Graham Yost (Justified).
You can check out the decent looking drama Flight [trailer] in a few weeks. Stay tuned for more Major Matt Mason news.
FYI: Zemeckis and Hanks previously teamed up on Cast Away, The Polar Express, and Forrest Gump.
Robert Zemeckis returns to live action films after 12 years (A Christmas Carol, Beowulf, The Polar Express) with Flight starring Denzel Washington. Washington plays a heroic commercial airline pilot who miraculously lands a disabled jet (think Sullenberger but with more special effects).
After the crash, he is hailed as a hero, but as more is learned, more questions than answers arise as to who or what was really at fault, and what really happened on that plane? The film reunites Washington with John Goodman (Fallen) and other top shelf cast members include Don Cheadle, James Badge Dale, Melissa Leo and Bruce Greenwood.
Flight opens November 2nd.
- So there’s a Zorro reboot happening, ok speak up, who asked for this? *crickets* [deadline]
- Robert Zemeckis developing “Period Ghostbusters” film called ‘Charles Fort’ [ComicBookMovie]
- Warner Bros. has released two new posters for the upcoming Clint Eastwood film ‘J. Edgar’, and Leonardo DiCaprio looks pissed. [here and here]
- Billy Ray Writing ‘The Thin Man’ for Johnny Depp and in more Depp news, he’s going to play Dr. Seuss [THR1, THR2]
James Cameron’s Movie Voice Cameos, watch below:
- Jason Reitman’s ‘Labor Day’ is getting set up at Paramount Pictures, the project will star Kate Winslet and Josh Brolin. [THR]
- The Three Stooges gets a Release Date [THR]
- Two official posters for the hockey movie, ‘Goon’. [ramascreen]
- Fox Searchlight picks up Steve McQueen’s NC-17 drama ‘Shame’. [deadline]
- Denzel Washington officially set to take ‘Flight’ with Robert Zemeckis. [digitalspy]
- Hannibal Lecter TV Series in Development. [comingsoon]
A 15 Second preview of the trailer for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn:
An international poster has appeared online at DVD-Forum for the Robert Zemeckis film A CHRISTMAS CAROL starring Jim Carrey. If you have seen THE POLAR EXPRESS and BEOWULF then you know that the technique of motion capture can be pretty awesome, and that’s what this holiday season has in store for us.
Carrey has quite the work load when it comes acting in the film as he will be playing a number of roles including Ebenezer Scrooge, The Ghost of Christmas Past, The Ghost of Christmas Present, and The Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come. Take that Eddie Murphy! The film also stars Gary Oldman, Bob Hoskins (Smee!), Colin Firth, and Robin Wright Penn.
If you have never been forced to read the book in school or with your family (thanks Mom) the story tells us of Mr. Scrooge, a money man who has devoted his life to the accumulation of wealth. He never cares about the well being of others including his own family and co-workers. One night Scrooge is visited by three ghosts who show him the way and help him realize the true magic of Christmas. Naturally.
The film will be released in Disney Digital 3-D and IMAX 3-D on November 6th 2009.
Extra Tidbit: This will mark Jim Carrey’s first project with Walt Disney Pictures.
Source: DVD Forum
Written by: GM