Posts Tagged ‘Richard Ayoade’
A devious doppelganger or a imaginative office drone? That’s the question I pose after watching this great new trailer for writer/director Richard Ayoade’s (The IT Crowd, Submarine) new film The Double.
Simon is a timid man, scratching out an isolated existence in an indifferent world. He is overlooked at work, scorned by his mother, and ignored by the woman of his dreams. He feels powerless to change any of these things. The arrival of a new co-worker, James, serves to upset the balance. James is both Simon’s exact physical double and his opposite – confident, charismatic and good with women. To Simon’s horror, James slowly starts taking over his life.
This trailer is quick, dark, and funny, I hope the whole movie feels the same way. It looks wholly original, Ayoade has another winner here. The film received many a positive response at the Toronto International Film Festival.
The film also stars Wallace Shawn, Chris O’Dowd, Sally Hawkins, Craig Roberts, Yasmin Paige, Noah Taylor, James Fox, Cathy Moriarty, and Paddy Considine.
The Double will be available VOD and in theaters on May 9th, watch the trailer below:
Neighborhood Watch has a new red band trailer and to distance itself from the Trayvon Martin case in Florida, it will now simply be called The Watch. The movie looks entertaining still, what’s in a title anyways? The film stars Vaughn, Hill, Stiller and Richard Ayoade. I suspect from the trailer there was a lot of ad-libbing on this one, nothing wrong with that when it comes to comedy I think.
An outrageous comedy in which four everyday suburban guys (played by Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, Jonah Hill and Richard Ayoade) come together to form a neighborhood watch group, but only as an excuse to escape their humdrum lives one night a week. But when they accidentally discover that their town has become overrun with aliens posing as ordinary suburbanites, they have no choice but to save their neighborhood — and the world — from total extermination.
Teaser Trailer for NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH Starring Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, Jonah Hill, and Richard Ayoade
The teaser for Neighborhood Watch can be seen below; it’s a teaser in every sense and could mean good things for the film. Akiva Schaffer (The Lonely Island, Hot Rod) is directing a script from Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, the pair that wrote Pineapple Express. Not to mention Richard Ayoade who plays Maurice Moss in The IT Crowd is starring as well, nerds will understand.
The film stars Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, Jonah Hill and Richard Ayoade. They play suburban dads who form a neighborhood watch group to get time away from their families, only to discover a plot to destroy Earth. Sound about right doesn’t it?
Check out the teaser below, Neighborhood Watch opens July 27th.
A collection of links from across the web that may be film, TV and or entertainment related.
- Here is the first look at the Neighborhood Watch cast Richard Ayoade, Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, and Jonah Hill. [here and here]
- Chris Columbus is set to produce a film about Jesus Christ as a Kid, that doesn’t sound right. [variety]
- Martin Scorsese says his next is finally the adaptation of Silence. [bleedingcool]
- Dwayne Johnson and Mark Wahlberg are in talks for Michael Bay’s Pain and Gain. [reelz]
- The 24 movie to will start shooting in 2012. [deadline]
- Benicio Del Toro drops out of J.J. Abrams Star Trek sequel. [nymag]
The Boardwalk Empire season finale is this coming Sunday, here is the “To the Lost” promo, and it’s excellent. It’s been a very compelling season; a slow boil much like the first season with payoffs here and there. I’d like to think the season finale will be a stunner, you with me? Watch the promo:
Today’s Links: Return of the Blair Witch, Shatner on why Trek better than Wars, Ethan Hawke to NBC Show and More
- The IT Crowd star Richard Ayoade joins ‘Neighborhood Watch’. [variety]
- Renny Harlin begged not to make legendary fail ‘Cutthroat Island’. [moviefone]
- Ethan Hawke to star in new cop drama on NBC called ‘Blue Tilt’. [deadline]
- Snoop Dogg to play Fillmore Slim in biopic. [deadline]
- Update on the Return of the ‘Blair Witch’. [bloody-disgusting]
- David Tennent & Rupert Grint to star in CG animated Postman Pat movie. [guardian]
William Shatner on why STAR TREK is better than STAR WARS (watch below):