Posts Tagged ‘Rachel Weisz’
Star Wars: Episode VII has people talking; from rumors to facts and every tidbit the Internet throws at us – it’s being talked about.
Total Film has made a compilation of reactions from various stars and filmmakers, giving their thoughts and answers on whether or not they’d like to be a part of the Star Wars universe or not, some were even asked if they would return. Here from the likes of Joss Whedon, Jason Statham (I like his honesty), Eli Roth, Nicholas Hoult, Jai Courtney, Mark Wahlberg (I imagine he doesn’t get a lot of things), Michelle Williams, and Melissa McCarthy.
So it’s happening, and here’s the trailer for it. Sam Raimi’s Oz the Great and Powerful is a prequel to The Wizard of Oz with James Franco as the wizard. The trailer does a good job at reminding people of some classic scenes from The Wizard of Oz; you get the house in the tornado, black-and-white to color, and even some green colored rivals.
Oz the Great and Powerful opens on March 8th, 2013.
When Oscar Diggs (James Franco) is hurled away from dusty Kansas to the vibrant Land of Oz, he thinks he’s hit the jackpot— that is until he meets three witches, Theodora (Mila Kunis), Evanora (Rachel Weisz) and Glinda (Michelle Williams), who are not convinced he is the great wizard everyone’s been expecting. Reluctantly drawn into the epic problems facing the Land of Oz and its inhabitants, Oscar must find out who is good and who is evil before it is too late. Putting his magical arts to use through illusion, ingenuity—and even a bit of wizardry—Oscar transforms himself not only into the great and powerful Wizard of Oz but into a better man as well.
Here is the first trailer for director Fernando Meirelles’ (City of God, The Constant Gardener) 360. The film was written by Peter Morgan (The Queen, Frost/Nixon) and tells the interconnected stories of characters played by Jude Law, Rachel Weisz, Anthony Hopkins, and Ben Foster.
I don’t know how much I like these movies that weave together stories and characters, it’s a bit played after Crash blew up, everyone was playing with the device. We will see how it works when 360 is made available on iTunes on June 29th and hits theaters August 3rd.
The Bourne Legacy is supposed to be a reboot I think, but this new trailer makes it feel like a sequel, or that’s just a cheap trick to get people to come back to this franchise after Damon left. Either way, there is action and phone calls, everything you love about a Bourne movie.
There is a new trailer below; The Bourne Legacy opens August 3rd.
Aaron Cross, a new hero, experiences life-or-death stakes that have been triggered by previous events. The story resumes after the conclusion of The Bourne Ultimatum, as a new cast of characters grapple with the consequences of Jason Bourne’s actions.
The first trailer for The Bourne Legacy is here and all eyes are on Jeremy Renner. The trailer does a good job at telling us to forget Jason Bourne and introduces us to Aaron Cross played by Renner.
The editing still looks the same: fast and furious with a lot of bones breaking, all par for the course in these action movies I suppose. The film also stars Rachel Weisz, Edward Norton, Stacy Keach, Oscar Isaac, Albert Finney, Joan Allen, David Strathairn, and Scott Glenn.
The Bourne Legacy opens August 3rd, watch the trailer below:
Here is the first trailer for Terrence Davies’ The Deep Blue Sea, an adaptation of Terrence Rattigan’s classic play of the same name. The film stars Rachel Weisz “as a London socialite and wife of a British Judge (Russell Beale) who’s caught in a self-destructive love affair with a Royal Air Force pilot (Tom Hiddleston)”. The trailer is short yet it captures what kind of turmoil these characters are in for, should have waited for the divorce Weisz.
The Deep Blue Sea arrives in the UK November 25th, and likely North America by the end of 2011.
Watch it below:
Today’s Links: New Photos From Breaking Dawn, Joseph Gordon-Levitt On Set of The Dark Knight Rises and More
- Milla Jovovich and Director Paul W.S. Anderson Return for Resident Evil: Retribution, Leon Kennedy to Finally Show Up. [blood-disgusting]
- Photos from ’360′ starring Rachel Weisz,Jude Law, Anthony Hopkins, and Ben Foster. [tiff]
- HBO has renewed True Blood for a Fifth Season. [mtv]
- John Landis plans return to the horror genre. [bloody-disgusting]
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt on the Set of The Dark Knight Rises, too much information about this movie already, I don’t post them so this will do. [movieweb]
- Trailer for TANNER HALL starring Rooney Mara. [nymag]
- New Photos From The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 [comingsoon]
- Steve Merchant meets Ronnie Corbett (video after the jump):
Here is the new trailer for Dream House directed by Jim Sheridan (In the Name of the Father) starring Daniel Craig, Naomi Watts and Rachel Weisz. In the movie, a family moves into a new home only to discover that a brutal killing took place in the residence years before.
You can see from the trailer what happens next, which is odd. They reveal a whole lot it seems, unless they are pulling out another swerve in the last few minutes of the film. Thrillers that have come out over the last decade seem to have a lot of style to them, but the story is a mess and wraps up with no conclusive ending like no one bothered to write it. Let’s hope with this stellar cast they have something to say.
Hit the jump to check out the trailer. Dream House opens later this year on September 30th.
Based on real events, Rachel Weisz stars is The Whistleblower, a UN peacekeeper in post-war Bosnia who uncovers corruption, cover-up and intrigue amid a world of private contractors and multinational diplomatic doubletalk. With Weisz we get David Strathairn, Benedict Cumberbatch, Monica Bellucci, Jason Isaacs, and Vanessa Redgrave.
The Whistleblower opens August 5th. (more…)
- The “Seven Samurai” remake has a director, Scott Mann. [variety]
- Catfish directors take on Paranormal Activity 3. [bloody-disgusting]
- Rachel Weisz to play evil witch in Disney’s ‘Oz’. [THR]
- Friedberg, Seltzer’s latest spoof “The Biggest Movie of All Time 3D” is happening, making me sad. [variety]
- Tomb Raider to get reboot, as you do. [deadline]
- Jay Baruchel is writing two projects, “Random Acts of Violence” and a rewrite of Summit’s “Exorcism Diaries.” [THR]
- Terminator 5′ director Justin Lin (Fast Five) denies original cast reunion. [MTV]
- ‘Twilight Saga’ author Stephenie Meyer’s ‘The Host’ with Saoirse Ronan to star. [deadline]
Full Trailer for CONAN THE BARBARIAN (more…)