Posts Tagged ‘quentin tarantino’
Well this is interesting, The Man with the Iron Fists is a movie I hadn’t heard of until now, and it’s produced by Quentin Tarantino, written by RZA and Eli Roth, and stars Russell Crowe. Already I’m interested at the sweet poster and crazy concept, but watch this trailer, it’s mental. Oh and I guess there’s a story in here too:
Since his arrival in China’s Jungle Village, the town’s blacksmith (RZA) has been forced by radical tribal factions to create elaborate tools of destruction. When the clans’ brewing war boils over, the stranger channels an ancient energy to transform himself into a human weapon. As he fights alongside iconic heroes and against soulless villains, one man must harness this power to become savior of his adopted people.
The film should be released in 2012 sometime, check out the trailer below.
It’s finally here, our first look at Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained, his first feature since Inglourious Basterds. It’s everything you would expect: bloody, funny, and accompanied by a great soundtrack. His films often divide people (many I know were annoyed by Basterds) but if you ask me, he still offers something completely different from what’s playing any day or year in the theater.
With his latest Django Unchained Christoph Waltz plays a bounty hunter out to kill a group of masked, slave-running brothers. The only man to have seen their faces is a slave named Django (Jamie Foxx), who agrees to help the bounty hunter in exchange for both his freedom, and the rescue of his wife from evil plantation owner Calvin Candie (Leonardo DiCaprio).
It’s great to see DiCaprio in a role that doesn’t require him to have lost a wife and cry (Inception, Shutter Island, Revolutionary Road), he’s going to steal the show I bet. The film also stars Samuel L. Jackson, M.C. Gainey, Walton Goggins, Garrett Dillahunt, Dennis Christopher, Gerald McRaney, Laura Cayouette, Don Johnson,and Tom Savini.
Django Unchained opens on December 25th.
- The creator of Arrested Development not only still has plans for a movie but a new season is happening too. [deadline]
- Kurt Russell will be reuniting with Quentin Tarantino in his next film Django Unchained. [THR]
- Kevin Kline, Jack Black, Steve Carell, and Nicolas Cage are attached to Charlie Kaufman’s new film “Frank or Francis”. [variety]
- “In Bruges” writer/director Martin McDonagh’s next project “Seven Psychopaths” with Colin Farrell, Sam Rockwell, and Christopher Walken. [variety]
- Universal Soldier TV series coming, canceled in 3,2…[moviehole]
- New Star Trek comics will act as prequel to the next movie. [startrek]
- Mad Men – Art of the opening title sequence. [artofthetitle]
- Trey Parker and Matt Stone say they will definitely make a ‘Book of Mormon’ movie. [insidemovies]
- J.J. Abrams confirmed to direct Star Trek 2, production on fast track. [nymag]
- Samuel L. Jackson Confirmed for Tarantino’s Django Unchained. [variety]
- Sherlock Holmes is getting a modern day TV adaptation. [deadline]
- First Look at Johnny Depp as a Vampire in ‘Dark Shadows’. [celebuzz]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season Two Poster [click to view]
Trailer for the War Documentary ‘Hell and Back Again’, watch it below:
Guillermo del Toro has is working on a film production for a live action version of Beauty and the Beast, and Harry Potter star Emma Watson is lined up to star. This is a fitting project for Del Toro, but I can’t help remember the “modern” take on the story from earlier this year, Beastly. It wasn’t good was it? [coming soon]
According to The Telegraph director Sam Medes has cast Rhys Ifans in Bond 23, which is finally happening and scheduled to start shooting next month.
Ifans is also playing The Lizard in the new Amazing Spider-Man film currently in production.
Variety is reporting Edward Norton is in negotiations to play the villain in The Bourne Legacy with Jeremy Renner. The film is being directed by Tony Gilroy and also has Rachel Weisz attached to star. Not a lot of details about this Matt Damon-less Bourne movie at this time so stay tuned.
Quentin Tarantino is in negotiations to cast Kevin Costner in his next film Django Unchained. The Cast so far includes Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Samuel L. Jackson and Leonardo DiCaprio. Costner will play a character named Ace Woody, “the sadistic trainer of the male fighting slaves who entertain the white patrons of Candyland as well as the female slaves who are forced to be prostitutes. The club and ranch are owned by Calvin Candie (DiCaprio) and Ace Woody is the one who pits the “mandingo” fighters against one another, and has little qualms about mistreating and even killing the slaves who don’t measure up.” [deadline]
Costner will take the role after playing Pa Kent in the Superman reboot Man Of Steel [see].
- Quentin Tarantino has cast Jamie Foxx to star in Django Unchained. [variety]
- Time Magazing has list the Top 25 Animated Films of all Time. [TIME]
- Gently Down the Stream, a wedding comedy starring Robert DeNiro and Diane Keaton, has a new title and Robin Williams. [showbiz411]
- Pixar’s Brave has 4 characters from the film, see them here. [/Film]
- River Road Entertainment is developing a feature film based on the life of Brian Wilson the leader of The Beach Boys. [coming soon]
- Spy Kids 4 gets Smell-O-Vision, seriously. [USAtoday]
Quentin Tarantino returns with Django Unchained and is giving his latest work a Christmas 2012 release date [BOM]. Jackie Brown was released Christmas Day 1997 for people keeping score. The Unchained cast is still coming together, and what we know so far of the plot is that Django Unchained is a spaghetti Western about a former Southern slave who attempts to rescue his wife from a cruel plantation owner, now that’s a family Christmas movie!
Leonardo DiCaprio is rumored to be in talks for the role of the evil slave owner, while Christoph Waltz, who QT masterfully cast in Inglourious Basterds, is expected to play a bounty hunter. Samuel L. Jackson will narrate or play piano in a bar I’m sure.
[poster via djangounchained.org]