Posts Tagged ‘quentin tarantino’
- The creator of Arrested Development not only still has plans for a movie but a new season is happening too. [deadline]
- Kurt Russell will be reuniting with Quentin Tarantino in his next film Django Unchained. [THR]
- Kevin Kline, Jack Black, Steve Carell, and Nicolas Cage are attached to Charlie Kaufman’s new film “Frank or Francis”. [variety]
- “In Bruges” writer/director Martin McDonagh’s next project “Seven Psychopaths” with Colin Farrell, Sam Rockwell, and Christopher Walken. [variety]
- Universal Soldier TV series coming, canceled in 3,2…[moviehole]
- New Star Trek comics will act as prequel to the next movie. [startrek]
- Mad Men – Art of the opening title sequence. [artofthetitle]
- Trey Parker and Matt Stone say they will definitely make a ‘Book of Mormon’ movie. [insidemovies]
- J.J. Abrams confirmed to direct Star Trek 2, production on fast track. [nymag]
- Samuel L. Jackson Confirmed for Tarantino’s Django Unchained. [variety]
- Sherlock Holmes is getting a modern day TV adaptation. [deadline]
- First Look at Johnny Depp as a Vampire in ‘Dark Shadows’. [celebuzz]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season Two Poster [click to view]
Trailer for the War Documentary ‘Hell and Back Again’, watch it below:
Guillermo del Toro has is working on a film production for a live action version of Beauty and the Beast, and Harry Potter star Emma Watson is lined up to star. This is a fitting project for Del Toro, but I can’t help remember the “modern” take on the story from earlier this year, Beastly. It wasn’t good was it? [coming soon]
According to The Telegraph director Sam Medes has cast Rhys Ifans in Bond 23, which is finally happening and scheduled to start shooting next month.
Ifans is also playing The Lizard in the new Amazing Spider-Man film currently in production.
Variety is reporting Edward Norton is in negotiations to play the villain in The Bourne Legacy with Jeremy Renner. The film is being directed by Tony Gilroy and also has Rachel Weisz attached to star. Not a lot of details about this Matt Damon-less Bourne movie at this time so stay tuned.
Quentin Tarantino is in negotiations to cast Kevin Costner in his next film Django Unchained. The Cast so far includes Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Samuel L. Jackson and Leonardo DiCaprio. Costner will play a character named Ace Woody, “the sadistic trainer of the male fighting slaves who entertain the white patrons of Candyland as well as the female slaves who are forced to be prostitutes. The club and ranch are owned by Calvin Candie (DiCaprio) and Ace Woody is the one who pits the “mandingo” fighters against one another, and has little qualms about mistreating and even killing the slaves who don’t measure up.” [deadline]
Costner will take the role after playing Pa Kent in the Superman reboot Man Of Steel [see].
- Quentin Tarantino has cast Jamie Foxx to star in Django Unchained. [variety]
- Time Magazing has list the Top 25 Animated Films of all Time. [TIME]
- Gently Down the Stream, a wedding comedy starring Robert DeNiro and Diane Keaton, has a new title and Robin Williams. [showbiz411]
- Pixar’s Brave has 4 characters from the film, see them here. [/Film]
- River Road Entertainment is developing a feature film based on the life of Brian Wilson the leader of The Beach Boys. [coming soon]
- Spy Kids 4 gets Smell-O-Vision, seriously. [USAtoday]
Quentin Tarantino returns with Django Unchained and is giving his latest work a Christmas 2012 release date [BOM]. Jackie Brown was released Christmas Day 1997 for people keeping score. The Unchained cast is still coming together, and what we know so far of the plot is that Django Unchained is a spaghetti Western about a former Southern slave who attempts to rescue his wife from a cruel plantation owner, now that’s a family Christmas movie!
Leonardo DiCaprio is rumored to be in talks for the role of the evil slave owner, while Christoph Waltz, who QT masterfully cast in Inglourious Basterds, is expected to play a bounty hunter. Samuel L. Jackson will narrate or play piano in a bar I’m sure.
[poster via djangounchained.org]
Over the weekend a twitpic of the title page of Quentin Tarantino‘s latest script was put out to the world [see below]. We know that Tarantino hand write the titles on the first page of his script and is all about homage. There’s the classic 1966 spaghetti western called Django that starred Franco Nero. The same Franco Nero who was rumoured to be in this movie when we last spoke of it months back.
There is confirmation people! The spaghetti western is titled Django Unchained and seeing how Franco Nero talked about his role in February, the project is most likely tied to 1966′s Django. Indiewire also claims to have read the script and provide the following description:
“Django is a freed slave, who, under the tutelage of a German bounty hunter (played by Christoph Waltz) becomes a bad-ass bounty hunter himself, and after assisting Waltz in taking down some bad guys for profit, is helped by Waltz in tracking down his slave wife and liberating her from an evil plantation owner.”
Deadline reports Tarantino has a “top-shelf” cast in mind for Django Unchained and production will start in late summer or fall depending on the cast he wants.
Recently at the the LA Italia Festival, actor Franco Nero talked to reporters and got people listening when he mentioned Quentin Tarantino‘s name. He was talking about his next project saying “The film will be called The Angel, The Bad, and The Wise and is a tribute to Sergio Leone. It’s a movie that contains humor, lots of action, but also a great plot. We have already been signed by a dozen people who will be part of project. Among the filmmakers involved include Quentin Tarantino , Keith Carradine, Treat Williams, fifteen people in all Americans who want to do this movie and so we are trying to produce it outside of Italy.”
According to updates from around the web [AICN], this title might be wrong (lost in translation). I wouldn’t take any QT news regarding his next film seriously until I was standing in line with a ticket, even then I would be hesitant. The man is known to sit on ideas for a very long time, as for this spaghetti Western starring Christoph Waltz, let’s hope it doesn’t take eight years. Tarantino likes to be authentic so I imagine he could get a lot of Italian talent on set, that and Treat Williams!
My Best Friend’s Birthday is the first film directed by Quentin Tarantino. Shot in 1984 for $5000, the rough cut was 70 minutes long before a fire at the processing lab destroyed all but 36 minutes of the film. It’s never been officially released. Co-written with Craig Hamaan and photographed by Roger Avery, My Best Friend’s Birthday stars Tarantino’s video store co-workers and friends from acting class.
Quentin Tarantino has revealed his top ten films of 2010. Tarantino didn’t provide any comment on his choices, but said of his number ten pick, Enter the Void, “Hands down best credit scene of the year, maybe best credit scene of the decade. One of the greatest in cinema history.” Hit the jump for Tarantino’s list along with a look at the opening credits for Enter the Void. (more…)
I have mentioned it a few times on the site that I will forever remember the travesty that was Grindhouse. The film itself was genius and fantastic fun, but nothing worked for them. The film never got the promotion it needed, most people who went to saw it didn’t “get it” and some of them even left after the first feature, seriously!
In 2007 there was a contest at SXSW that invited filmmakers to create their own fake Grindhouse-style movie trailers to go along the Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez film Grindhouse. The winner was Hobo with a Shotgun, from Nova Scotia director Jason Eisener. Hobo with a Shotgun was attached to Canadian prints of Grindhouse (see it below) and now the feature version of his Grindhouse trailer is about to begin production and in the lead role, Rutger Hauer. I really think the downfall of Grindhouse was that it went over people’s heads. And I trust Machete and now Hobo with a Shotgun will do the same, they may work better on the home market if you ask me.
Here’s the original Hobo with a Shotgun trailer (NSFW). (more…)