Posts Tagged ‘pixar’
Here is the first featurette for Pixar’s Monsters University, in the sequel we go back to Mike Wazowski (Billy Crystal) and James P. “Sulley” Sullivan’s (John Goodman) college days and shows how the two became best friends. College comedies are sometimes great (Animal House, Back to School) and it’s easy to see the folks at Pixar are drawing from the fun we get from those classics. Hijinx!
Watch the featurette below, Monsters Inc. Monsters University opens on June 21st.
Mike Wazowski and James P. Sullivan are an inseparable pair, but that wasn’t always the case. From the moment these two mismatched monsters met they couldn’t stand each other. “Monsters University” unlocks the door to how Mike and Sulley overcame their differences and became the best of friends.
Monsters Inc. 3D may not have existed if not for the success of the 3D re-release of The Lion King,thanks Disney. Finding Nemo 3D is coming out soon, so don’t expect this double dip strategy to go away any time soon. Saying that, Monsters Inc. is a favorite of mine on the list of Pixar movies, I’ll be happy to watch it at home again.
Monsters Inc. 3D opens on December 19th, watch the trailer below:
“Monsters, Inc.” is set in Monstropolis, a thriving company town where monsters of all shapes and sizes reside. Lovable Sulley (John Goodman) and his wisecracking best friend Mike Wazowski (Billy Crystal) are the top scare team at Monsters, Inc., the largest scream-processing factory. The main power source in the monster world is the collected screams of human children–and at Monsters, Inc., an elite team of scarers is responsible for gathering those precious natural resources.
Got a link? Send it our way!
- TRANSFORMERS 4 will feature new designs and Michael Bay promises it will be his last, way to leave on a high note buddy. [hereocomplex]
- MTV turning SCREAM movie franchise into a TV series, so I guess the movies are over? [tvline]
- What a cast! Louis C.K., Peter Sarsgaard and Andrew Dice Clay join Woody Allen’s latest. [variety]
- Pixar planning two 22-minute TOY STORY TV specials for 2013 and 2014, yes please. [bigscreenanimation]
- Vincent Cassel is in talks to join Viggo Mortensen for the EASTERN PROMISES sequel. [vulture]
- THE HANGOVER III heading down south to Tijuana. [filmstage]
- An action franchise based on the life of Sir Isaac Newton is in development, wait what? [guardian]
- New artwork from Guillermo del Toro’s stop-motion PINOCCHIO, I’m freaking out here man. [dreadcentral]
- First image from DreamWorks Animation’s MR. PEABODY AND SHERMAN. [Image]
- New IRON MAN 3 set photos reveal A.I.M., nerds will know what it means. [i09]
Here are seven minutes of Super 8mm behind the scenes footage from Return of the Jedi, for some reason:
Here is a new full trailer for Pixar’s Brave, it does a great job of showing us a more fun side of the movie and then the dramatic elements kick in, it looks like a winner folks. The gorgeous animation is also on display quite a lot here, could this be their best looking movie?
The film stars Kelly Macdonald, Emma Thompson, Billy Connolly, Kevin McKidd, Craig Ferguson, Robbie Coltrane, and Julie Walters.
Brave opens on June 22nd.
I don’t normally like to watch scenes from movies before they are released, with Brave though I just had to see some more action and visuals. Having now watched the clip below, I’m fully satisfied and am more excited to see this flick than ever before.
The movie takes place in the Scottish Highlands and follows young princess Merida (voiced by Kelly Macdonald) who “defies an age-old custom, inadvertently unleashing chaos and fury in the kingdom”. In the scene below three men are trying to win an archery contest for Merida’s hand in marriage. Merida being the brave one she is doesn’t feel like sitting idly by while her life is planned out for her, so she takes action.
Hit the jump to watch the scene, Brave opens in 3D on June 22nd.
A collection of film, TV and entertainment related links from across the web.
Got a link? Send it our way!
- DIE HARD 5 was looking for an actor to play John McClane’s son, they have him now. [deadline]
- Twilight: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 passes 5 Million DVD and Blu-ray units sold. [comingsoon]
- Pixar’s BRAVE has a new poster. [view it here]
- SKYFALL to be the first IMAX James Bond release. [thr]
- Cinemassacre.com looks at a Star Wars rip off from 1978, Message From Space. [cinemassacre]
- Universal Pictures has released the new trailer for American Reunion: (more…)
Arguably the best looking Pixar movie, Andrew Stanton‘s Finding Nemo is getting the 3D re-release treatment this year. It’s will be released September 14th and we have a trailer that will likely be attached to Beauty and the Beast 3D this weekend.
With the amount of detail and depth in Nemo this could be an enjoyable viewing experience. Saying that, I don’t know how much time was spent on the transfer, and I don’t think every movie that made some wallet years ago has to be released again. Have you seen any 3D re-releases (Lion King)? Will you see Nemo?
Watch the trailer below: