Posts Tagged ‘Oz: The Great and Powerful’
So this is based on L. Frank Baum’s Oz novels, it serves as a “spiritual prequel” to Baum’s The Wonderful Wizard of Oz and indirectly to the 1939 MGM film, The Wizard of Oz. So basically this is for kids who find Judy Garland insufferable. James Franco is in it, I bet he tries really hard.
Good luck is all I can say. Oz is tracking to make over $80 million this weekend and Colin Farrell isn’t exactly the weekend opener of movies he should be. We could have Will Smith in a potato sack talking about the rules of backgammon for 90 minutes and it would open with $50 million. Farrell is great isn’t he?
Got a link? Send it our way!
- Oliver Stone says he’s doing a fourth cut of Alexander. [collider]
- Mark Wahlberg officially joins Transformers 4, new logo revealed. [comingsoon]
- New poster for Sam Raimi’s Oz The Great and Powerful. [image]
- Alexa Vega in bikini and chaps for a new image from Machete Kills. [image]
- Superman will go 3D in Man Of Steel. [entertainmentwise]
- Behind-the-scenes photos from The Hangover Part III. [toddphillips]
An international trailer for Hitchcock:
So it’s happening, and here’s the trailer for it. Sam Raimi’s Oz the Great and Powerful is a prequel to The Wizard of Oz with James Franco as the wizard. The trailer does a good job at reminding people of some classic scenes from The Wizard of Oz; you get the house in the tornado, black-and-white to color, and even some green colored rivals.
Oz the Great and Powerful opens on March 8th, 2013.
When Oscar Diggs (James Franco) is hurled away from dusty Kansas to the vibrant Land of Oz, he thinks he’s hit the jackpot— that is until he meets three witches, Theodora (Mila Kunis), Evanora (Rachel Weisz) and Glinda (Michelle Williams), who are not convinced he is the great wizard everyone’s been expecting. Reluctantly drawn into the epic problems facing the Land of Oz and its inhabitants, Oscar must find out who is good and who is evil before it is too late. Putting his magical arts to use through illusion, ingenuity—and even a bit of wizardry—Oscar transforms himself not only into the great and powerful Wizard of Oz but into a better man as well.
Got a link? Send it our way!
- HBO wants extra innings for Eastbound & Down with Danny McBride, orders a fourth season. [variety]
- Sam Raimi’s Oz The Great and Powerful has a teaser poster, the movie is a prequel to The Wizard of Oz and stars James Franco as the wizard. [poster]
- The trailer for Russian-born, Colorado-raised writer/director Julia Loktev’s eerie travel tale The Loneliest Planet. [apple]
- The Amazing Spider-Man is planned as a trilogy [comingsoon], and earns 2nd highest 4th of July gross [comingsoon].
- First look at Matt Damon in Elysium. [pic]
First Trailer for WHY STOP NOW Starring Jesse Eisenberg, Melissa Leo, and Tracy Morgan:
- Keanu Reeves has passed on playing the lead (Kaneda) in the big screen adaptation of ‘Akira’, is it because he is white? [JoBlo]
- Michelle Williams is the Good Witch in Sam Raimi’s ‘Oz, The Great And Powerful’ – good, she’s a peach that one is. [showblitz]
- Bloodsport is getting “a reinvention”, and might be good with Phillip Noyce (Salt) directing and Robert Mark Kamen (Taken) writing. Brick not hit back. [screendaily]
- Mel Gibson is in talks for “Sleight of Hand,” opposite Kiefer Sutherland, Gerard Depardieu and Thomas Jane. Don’t do it Mel, it will ruin your reputation. [variety]
- Warner Bros acquired ‘Turkey Bowl’ for Will Ferrell-Mark Wahlberg to re-team and give being funny another try. [deadline]
- The Scream series is far from over, says producer/big talker Harvey Weinstein. [mtv]
TV Trailer for CHARLIE’S ANGELS Reboot: (more…)
- The “Seven Samurai” remake has a director, Scott Mann. [variety]
- Catfish directors take on Paranormal Activity 3. [bloody-disgusting]
- Rachel Weisz to play evil witch in Disney’s ‘Oz’. [THR]
- Friedberg, Seltzer’s latest spoof “The Biggest Movie of All Time 3D” is happening, making me sad. [variety]
- Tomb Raider to get reboot, as you do. [deadline]
- Jay Baruchel is writing two projects, “Random Acts of Violence” and a rewrite of Summit’s “Exorcism Diaries.” [THR]
- Terminator 5′ director Justin Lin (Fast Five) denies original cast reunion. [MTV]
- ‘Twilight Saga’ author Stephenie Meyer’s ‘The Host’ with Saoirse Ronan to star. [deadline]
Full Trailer for CONAN THE BARBARIAN (more…)