Posts Tagged ‘men in black’
Welcome to The CoF Weekend Preview, here is a look at what’s opening this weekend and don’t forget to check out the City of Films SUMMER MOVIE GUIDE so you can plan your summer movie experience a bit better. See you here Monday for a new City Strip.
The first MIB film was great, I didn’t see the sequel and now there is a good looking third entry to deal with. Time travel and Josh Brolin, what’s not to like? It looks like the long and crazy production behind this movie has paid off as people are saying it’s either as good as or better than the original.
Oh good, and I thought they were running out of ideas for the found footage genre. The people in this movie are going to be stupid and shallow making me only anticipate the killings more. That can’t be healthy.
Good news people suffering from a form of OCD where frames of a film have to be immaculate, centered and well decorated – Wes Anderson has a new movie! If you’re new to his work check out Bottle Rocket, Rushmore and The Royal Tenenbaums. If you’re like me and don’t care much for Jason Schwartzman, don’t worry, there still great.
The 2012 Summer Movie Season is on and The City of Films has put together your guide of the must-see movies including each superhero extravaganza, highly anticipated blockbusters and the lesser known movies getting a limited release.
So sit back and grab a cold one as we take a look at this summer’s releases.
Today’s Links: Bully Gets Unrated, Hugh Jackman Tweets Image From Les Miserables, MIB3 Theme Song and More
A collection of film, TV and entertainment related links from across the web.
Got a link? Send it our way!
- Bully to be released unrated. [cbc]
- Poster debut for THE SAMARITAN starring Samuel L. Jackson via Collider. [image]
- Hugh Jackman tweets the first official image from LES MISERABLES. [his twitter]
- New Line Cinema to adapt Andrew Ferguson’s 2001 book, Crazy U with Will Ferrell. [deadline]
Men in Black 3 reveals its theme song, Back in Time by Pitbull:
Check out the official domestic trailer for Mother’s Day, scheduled to open in a limited release on May 4th, watch it below:
Here is the new and improved trailer for Men in Black 3 with some more of Josh Brolin‘s great Tommy Lee Jones impression. If you were hip to MIB in the 90′s then you know that gadgets and aliens are expected along with Will Smith yelling a lot. They are going back to the 60′s in this one; maybe they will run into Austin Powers right? Anyone?
Hit the jump to check out the trailer, Men in Black 3 opens in 3D on May 25th.
Agents J (Will Smith) and K (Tommy Lee Jones) are back… in time. J has seen some inexplicable things in his 15 years with the Men in Black, but nothing, not even aliens, perplexes him as much as his wry, reticent partner. But when K’s life and the fate of the planet are put at stake, Agent J will have to travel back in time to put things right. J discovers that there are secrets to the universe that K never told him — secrets that will reveal themselves as he teams up with the young Agent K (Josh Brolin) to save his partner, the agency, and the future of humankind.
Today’s Links: James Bond Has A New Q, Men In Black 3, The Lizard, Angelina Jolie Interview and More
A collection of links from across the web that may be film, TV and or entertainment related.
- Ben Whishaw is the new Q in the James Bond film Skyfall. [thr]
- The first Men In Black III teaser poster spotted. [image]
- Watch a red-band clip from Young Adult. [traileraddict]
- Riddick secures new financing and resumes production. [tmz]
- Design for the Lizard in The Amazing Spider-Man seen on Pez Dispenser. [cbm]
- Tom Hanks to star in WWII Hitler drama In The Gardern of Beasts. [thr]
- Fox wants Matthew Vaughn back to direct the sequel to X-Men: First Class. [shh]
- Michael Chiklis, Forest Whitaker, Ray Liotta, and Common team up for thriller Pawn. [deadline]
The Angelina Jolie 60 Minutes Interview, watch it below:
Out of all the movies coming out in the next few years, these 3 that we have promo posters and information for are at the moment, not really on my radar. It will be interesting to see what they do with the new “gritty” Spider-Man as studios continue their effort to remake movies made in the last ten years and add that magical Batman Begins camera lens to it. Men In Black III surprisingly has the original cast and Arthur Christmas begs the question, what’s Arthur Christmas? Thanks to Collider for the snag.
Spider-Man 3D (July 3, 2012)
- Andrew Garfield (Never Let Me Go) is playing Peter Parker/Spider-Man.
- Marc Webb ((500) Days of Summer) is directing.
- Mary Jane will not be the love interest.
- The budget is reportedly around $80 million.
- It will be set in high school.
- The movie will be “gritty, contemporary”.
Arthur Christmas (November 11, 2011)
- It’s from the geniuses at Aardman Animations (Wallace & Gromit).
- Barry Cook (Mulan) and Sarah Smith are directing.
- Smith co-wrote the script with Peter Baynham (Borat).
- According to Movie Jungle, Arthur Christmas is CGI (not stop-motion) and “apparently reveals Santa Claus’ high-tech operation.”
Men in Black III (May 25, 2012)
- Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones are returning to star. Barry Sonnenfeld is returning to direct.
- Josh Brolin will play the younger version of Tommy Lee Jones’ character, Agent K.
- Jemaine Clement is playing the villain, Yaz. An early draft of the script describes him as “a nightmare biker who looks like Dennis Hopper and Satan”.
- The story has Yaz traveling back in time to kill K and Agent J has to go to 1969 and team up with a young K in order to stop Yaz from setting off a chain of events that will destroy the world in the future.
No one should really be surprised that Men in Black 3 is going to happen, and because it has the number 3 in the title, it will be contractually obligated to be in 3D. Director Barry Sonnenfeld hit the blogs and spilled the news that Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones are set to return. Other casting notes on the film include Josh Brolin, Sasha Baron Cohen and Jemaine Clement. Above all this, we are all thinking the same thing…what will the new song from Will Smith sound like?! No word yet on when filming will begin and or any plot details. Let it be known that I never saw MIB II and I am told I didn’t miss much. Was it that bad?