Posts Tagged ‘louis c.k.’
Louis C.K. has a new stand-up comedy special called Oh My God airing Saturday night at 10 p.m. on HBO and then every day after that pretty much. He’s one of the funniest guys alive right now, so it might be worth checking out. Here are some promotional videos to line your stomach with:
There isn’t a lot to say here, this is just great.
Oh My God will premiere on April 13th on HBO, it was recorded during C.K.’s recent U.S. tour, and is directed by the comedian. And as C.K. so puts it in the promo, it will be “the greatest comedy of a generation of blah-blah ever to do a thing on a thing.”
Saturday, April 13th at 10 PM. There.
Got a link? Send it our way!
- Louis C.K. joins Christian Bale and Bradley Cooper in David O. Russell’s next film. [thr]
- MACHETE KILLS set for release on September 13, 2013. [collider]
- English playwright Michael Lesslie to write ASSASSIN’S CREED Script. [empire]
- Bradley Cooper to star in DARK INVASION, a spy thriller adaptation from author Harold Blum. [digitalspy]
- Johnny Depp returning for PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 5. [hitflix]
- MGM plans Ben-Hur remake. [comingsoon]
A new red band trailer for writer-director Roman Coppola’s comedy A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III:
Woody Allen’s upcoming film will be entitled Blue Jasmine and we have the plot details thanks to Vulture. Allen, who has made a movie every year for decades, will tackle another romantic comedy that centers on a woman whose “posh New York City lifestyle” comes crashing down so she makes a move to San Francisco. The press release says “It is the story of the final stages of an acute crisis and a life of a fashionable New York housewife.”
Allen has rounded up all-star cast which includes Alec Baldwin, Cate Blanchett, Bobby Cannavale, Louis C.K., Andrew Dice Clay, Sally Hawkins, Peter Sarsgaard and Michael Stuhlbarg. No release date, but let’s guess 2013 sometime.
FX’s Louie won’t be returning until sometime in 2014, until then we will have to make due with Louis C.K.’s awesome standup and appearances on anything. It was announced last Saturday that C.K. will be hosting Saturday Night Live on November 3rd. This will be his first time hosting SNL, something I never actually saw him doing, he seems too cool for it doesn’t he?
FYI: C.K. is longtime friends with SNL star Amy Poheler and has a recurring role on Parks and Recreation.
TODAY’S LINKS: Lovelace Poster, HBO Gets McConaughey and Harrelson, Louis C.K. Is Louis C.K. wins Webby Awards, and More
A collection of film, TV and entertainment related links from across the web.
Got a link? Send it our way!
- Watch a supercut of Val Kilmer taking off glasses. [buzzfeed]
- Amanda Seyfried is looking good and ready in the LOVELACE poster. [image]
- HBO has orderd 8 Episodes of TRUE DETECTIVE Starring Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson, yes please. [thr]
- The poster for A Fantastic Fear of Everything with Simon Pegg. [image]
- Michelle Rodriguez set for Fast & Furious 6 and Machete Kills. [variety]
- 5 Movie Apocalypses That Would Defeat Themselves. [cracked]
- Louis C.K. wins Webby Awards Person of the Year honors, obviously. [thewrap]
The Expendables 2 Teaser Starring Terry Crews
Louis C.K. put up a downloadable show “Live at the Beacon Theater” online for a $5 download or stream. You can watch Louis is a NEW stand-up special with all new material for $5 in your home, from anywhere in the world. He’s one of the most honest comedians working today and a refreshing voice in a world of very unfunny people, you need to buy it.
During an “ask me anything” session on Reddit, Louis C.K. was asked about the experience of making Pootie Tang (a film he wrote and directed). His response was really an answer to why he’s doing this download experiment: