Posts Tagged ‘Indiana Jones 5’
You might recall earlier this year George Lucas saying he was stepping away from major movies, and instead focusing on smaller, experimental movies instead. So what does that mean for Indiana Jones 5? In an interview at Collider we get the idea that the project might be a lost cause. They spoke to producer Frank Marshall; he has produced all of the Indiana Jones movies, and asked him if Crystal Skull, was the last.
“I say, for me, [Crystal Skull] is the last hurrah. I know that yes, we talk about it, but there’s no idea, there’s no MacGuffin”. And, as the length development of Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull taught us, if there’s no MacGuffin, there’s no film.
What about Lucas?
“Yeah, no he isn’t [hungry to do Indy 5]”, Marshall confirmed. “And he’s obviously passing the baton to my wife”.
Marshall is married to producer Kathleen Kennedy, who was recently named co-chair and successor to Lucas at Lucasfilm. All signs for Indy 5 are pointing to no if you ask me, not only with Lucas’ lack of interest but Harrison Ford turned 70 this year? These movies are hard to make and take a few years from the germ of an idea to the release, the poor guy could be 75 by the time this movie happens. Do you think it’s time to hang up the hat?
A collection of links from across the web that may be film, TV and or entertainment related.
- Christopher Nolan talks The Dark Knight Rises, why Bane, and ending the trilogy. [herocomplex]
- The Great Gatsby has official images here and here.
- Austin Powers, the musical? So says Mike Myers. [thr]
- George Lucas knows the genre, but not the MacGuffin for Indiana Jones 5. [nymag]
- Winona Ryder will play the killer’s wife in The Iceman opposite Michael Shannon. [deadline]
George Takei steps in to stop the fighting between Carrie Fischer and William Shatner: