Posts Tagged ‘Eddie Murphy’
Got a link? Send it our way!
- Eddie Murphy is teaming up with Shawn Ryan (The Shield) for a Beverly Hills Cop TV series. [THR]
- Are Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy Shooting Before Sunrise/Before Sunset sequel Before Midnight in Greece right now? [indiewire]
- ABC orders S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot from Marvel; Joss Whedon will co-write and possibly direct. [deadline]
- Seth MacFarlane will host the Saturday Night Live season premiere (September 15), Joseph Gordon-Levitt returns on September 22 and Daniel Craig will host on October 6.
- First clip from animated feature Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 [YouTube]
- Watch the alternate opening to The Avengers. [yahoo]
- Global James Bond Day Announced for October 5. [comingsoon]
Jackie Chan goes full stunt suit in this trailer for CHINESE ZODIAC where Chan reprise his role as Asian Hawk (Armour of God, Operation Condor).
Originally scheduled to be released in January, Paramount has pushed the release date for A Thousand Words to March 23rd 2012. Push it as far as you want, there is no hiding this mess. As we know now, Eddie Murphy said he wasn’t going to do any more family movies (this was filmed in 2008, so it gets a pass) and was on his way to something special I think hosting the Oscars next year. So Brett Ratner said some ignorant stuff, got called out for it and has since dropped out of producing the Oscars. His friend Murphy has also now dropped out as host.
So he were are, Eddie Murphy stars in the story of a fast-talking man full of lies who learns that he can only speak a thousand more words before he dies. Norbit and Meet Dave director Brian Robbins worked from a script by Steve Koren (Bruce Almighty, Click). Think of the children! Watch the poor quality trailer below, we might update it later:
Today’s Links: Waldo Movie, Hannibal Lecter TV series, Call of Duty MW3 Trailer Featuring Jonah Hill and More
- Some great behind-the-scenes photos from Martin Scorsese’s Hugo. [nytimes]
- MGM buys the film right to Waldo, I guess it was only a matter of time. [variety]
- Jessica Chastain will play Princess Diana in ‘Caught in Flight’. [indiewire]
- Eddie Murphy and Brett Ratner will reunite for new project. [thewrap]
- NBC Orders Hannibal Lecter TV series, if only it wasn’t on network TV. [deadline]
- Harold & Kumar may star in animated TV series. [reuters]
The official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 live action trailer featuring Sam Worthington, Jonah Hill and Dwight Howard:
It’s easy to call out the man for making a pile of awful movies over the last decade or more, but if we put that all aside for a moment and remember what it was like when Murphy ever took the stage, we have every reason to be excited. The actor/comedian and SNL alum will host the Academy Awards show on Sunday, February 26, 2012
“I am enormously honored to join the great list of past Academy Award hosts from Hope and Carson to Crystal, Martin and Goldberg, among others,” said Murphy. “I’m looking forward to working with Brett and Don on creating a show that is enjoyable for both the fans at home and for the audience at the Kodak Theatre as we all come together to celebrate and recognize the great film contributions and collaborations from the past year.”
Who’s ever heard of a hosting gig set as a comeback? This could very well be it.
- Gillian Anderson wants X-Files 3 for 2012, as do I Gillian. [moviehole]
- Diablo Cody-written, Jason Reitman-directed ‘Young Adult’ has a poster. [THR]
- Empire Strikes Back deleted scene, more hype for the butchered Blu-ray release. [ew]
- Abigail Breslin takes role in ‘A Virgin Mary’. [variety]
- Jean Claude Van Damme and Chuck Norris join ‘Expendables 2′? The question mark means don’t take this seriously. [firstshowing]
- Eddie Murphy In Talks To Host 84th Oscars. [deadline]
Australian Teaser For Tom Six’s THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE 2: FULL SEQUENCE (watch below):
A trailer has been released for the new comedy heist film, Tower Heist, which was directed by Brett Ratner. I almost didn’t recognize Eddie Murphy without his animated Donkey suit on, where has be been hiding? It’s nice to see Ben Stiller playing someone who has a clue, I don’t want to hate on him because he’s actually a really great actor when given the right roles such as Greenburg, Permanent Midnight, Happy Gilmore (click). Does Casey Affleck know he’s in another Oceans movie? So many questions…
The film is set to come out on November 11th 2011, check out the trailer below: