Posts Tagged ‘denzel washington’
Here is the first trailer for director Baltasar Kormakur‘s (Contraband) 2 Guns. The movie is based on the graphic novel of the same name and stars Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg in an implausible story of two operatives from two different government bureaus who go undercover against each other only to be set up and forced to go on the run together.
The film also stars Paula Patton, James Marsden, and Edward James Olmos.
2 Guns opens August 2nd. Check out our Superheroes of 2013 post here!
The onslaught of superhero and comic book movie adaptations over the years isn’t slowing down any time soon, and 2013 is proof of this. Some of these movies rank high on must see lists; others might be left in the dust. Whether you’re going to stream superhero movies or check them out in theaters, there will be a lot of options waiting for you.
A superhero is a type of character possessing “extraordinary or superhuman powers” and is dedicated to protecting the public. That’s how I got away with including some questionable “superhero” movies here folks. That’s why I wear a bow tie.
Find out what’s coming out and when. Let us know what movie you’re most excited for:
That’s really all I have to say about the nominations, Ben Affleck got snubbed. Argo was one of the best movies of the year and he didn’t get nominated for directing (although it’s up for Best Picture). Don’t take this year’s nominations seriously; Flight got a nomination for writing.
The 85th Academy Awards will take place on February 24th, check out the nominations below:
Got a link? Send it our way!
- HBO orders comedy pilot from Stephen Merchant, Hello Ladies. [deadline]
- Denzel Washington’s The Equalizer will film next year. [ign]
- AVGN: Schwarzenegger Games [cinemassacre]
- Christopher Nolan‘s Goodbye to the Batman Franchise. [superherohype]
- International poster for Taken 2. [image]
- First look at DreamWorks Animation’s Me and My Shadow. [image]
- Featurette on the action in Total Recall. [comingsoon]
- New featurette on The Bourne Legacy. [comingsoon]
- iPhone 4S TV Ad – Siri helps Mr. Scorsese change up his jam-packed schedule on the fly.
Robert Zemeckis returns to live action films after 12 years (A Christmas Carol, Beowulf, The Polar Express) with Flight starring Denzel Washington. Washington plays a heroic commercial airline pilot who miraculously lands a disabled jet (think Sullenberger but with more special effects).
After the crash, he is hailed as a hero, but as more is learned, more questions than answers arise as to who or what was really at fault, and what really happened on that plane? The film reunites Washington with John Goodman (Fallen) and other top shelf cast members include Don Cheadle, James Badge Dale, Melissa Leo and Bruce Greenwood.
Flight opens November 2nd.
We have the first trailer for their new thriller Safe House, which stars Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds. The movie follows a dangerous CIA defector played by Washington who’s forced to team up with a rookie agent played by Reynolds, when a CIA safe house come under attack. The movie also stars Brendan Gleeson, Sam Shepard, Vera Farmiga, Fares Fares, Robert Patrick, Nora Arnezeder, Liam Cunningham, Joel Kinnaman, and Ruben Blades.
Safe House is set to be released on February 10th. Check out the trailer below:
- Jason Reitman’s ‘Labor Day’ is getting set up at Paramount Pictures, the project will star Kate Winslet and Josh Brolin. [THR]
- The Three Stooges gets a Release Date [THR]
- Two official posters for the hockey movie, ‘Goon’. [ramascreen]
- Fox Searchlight picks up Steve McQueen’s NC-17 drama ‘Shame’. [deadline]
- Denzel Washington officially set to take ‘Flight’ with Robert Zemeckis. [digitalspy]
- Hannibal Lecter TV Series in Development. [comingsoon]
A 15 Second preview of the trailer for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn:
It’s a slow news day, can you tell? Yesterday we shows you the 25 Greatest Unscripted Scenes in Film, today we have 25 Actors Before They Were Famous. I didn’t know Daniel Craig was in A Kid in King Arthur’s Court, I did however know that Joseph Gordon-Levitt was on Roseanne because I’ve watched the series enough times. Leonardo DiCaprio was on an episode in a non speaking role too [see].
Hit the jump to watch the compilation courtesy of YouTube user pleatedjeans:
This video among others have been making the rounds for a few weeks now, SNL’s Jay Pharoah has something great going with his spot on impressions of celebrities. He does Obama, Jay-Z, Biggie Smalls and others. Here is his Denzel Washington. Also, his spot on David Letterman. Search YouTube.