Posts Tagged ‘conan the barbarian’
Rise of the Planet of the Apes dropped down to the second spot this week after two weekends on top, last week’s number two The Help took the #1 position after swapping places with the Apes. It’s nice to see some critic and audience loved movies win for a change. The new releases couldn’t overtake them and filled out the remaining positions.
Spy Kids 4 performed “the best”, with $12M, not really up there with the other sequels in the franchise [see]. Hey, Robert Rodriguez Sin City 2 can happen now. Conan was going to have a sequel, with its $10.5M opening weekend, and only going down from there…I can’t see it happening, DVD maybe. The other remake, Fright Night didn’t fare so well either which is kind of surprising because this is one vampire movie I can remember not looking like glittery ass.
Next week: Colombiana, Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark, Our Idiot Brother.
Welcome to The CoF Weekend Preview where we take a look at what’s going on this weekend in entertainment. Check back Sunday night for the Box Office Report and return Monday for The City Strip. Listen to The City of Films Show Episode 4 over here. Take care now, bye bye then.
This is one of those movies where it looks like the cast and crew would have more fun making it than we would watching it. There are talks of a sequel already which is mental; I don’t think Conan is still hip with the kids these days do you?
If you saw the original classic you’re pretty much set. This version is sure to have better effects and if you look at the image of David Tennant above, it’s also going to have that.
Ricky Gervais is in this movie, as a dog [see]. It’s in 4D, which means it’s using some gimmick called “Aroma-Scope”. F**k me that sounds just awful, so it’s going to dominate the box office.
The red-band trailer for Marcus Nispel‘s (2003′s The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake) Conan the Barbarian is here for your viewing pleasure, it’s bloody good. You might recognize Jason Momoa from HBO’s Game of Thrones, can you accept him as a barbarian?
The trailer is after the jump along with the official synopsis.
The 2011 Summer Movie Season is on and The City of Films has put together a guide to the must-see movies including a record number of sequels, highly anticipated blockbusters and lesser known movies. Grab a cold one as we take a look at this summer’s hot releases. Note: Dates are subject to change – COF will keep it updated.
- The “Seven Samurai” remake has a director, Scott Mann. [variety]
- Catfish directors take on Paranormal Activity 3. [bloody-disgusting]
- Rachel Weisz to play evil witch in Disney’s ‘Oz’. [THR]
- Friedberg, Seltzer’s latest spoof “The Biggest Movie of All Time 3D” is happening, making me sad. [variety]
- Tomb Raider to get reboot, as you do. [deadline]
- Jay Baruchel is writing two projects, “Random Acts of Violence” and a rewrite of Summit’s “Exorcism Diaries.” [THR]
- Terminator 5′ director Justin Lin (Fast Five) denies original cast reunion. [MTV]
- ‘Twilight Saga’ author Stephenie Meyer’s ‘The Host’ with Saoirse Ronan to star. [deadline]
Full Trailer for CONAN THE BARBARIAN (more…)