Sunday Yellow Sunday: A Look At The Simpsons 23rd Season
The Simpsons 23rd season begins this Sunday, so what better time to share everything we know about the upcoming season. It is the longest-running American sitcom, the longest-running American animated program, and in 2009 it surpassed Gunsmoke as the longest-running American primetime, scripted television series; so they are doing something right it seems. Oh and they will celebrate 500 episodes in 2012.
As a fan (is mental fan a term?) I can honestly say it’s my favorite anything, and there are more than a few reason to get excited about this upcoming season, take a look:
- The season will air Sunday, the Power Plant has hired a new security guard (Kiefer Sutherland). He has to deal with his past work with the CIA in order to rescue Homer from a Ukranian terrorist.
- Also in the season premiere,the voting results from “The Ned-liest Catch” will be revealed so we find out if Ned and Edna will be a couple, I voted YES.
- Marge dreams of appearing on the reality series Top Chef.
- In the 500th episode, airing February 19, 2012, the Simpsons find out that everyone in town has become sick of their antics and have come together to decide whether or not they should be exiled.
- The Simpsons go to Antarctica.
- Homer and Bart write a fantasy novel, hoping to capitalize on the Tween culture.
- Krusty gets his own show on a premium cable channel.
- Lisa starts her own social network website. Meanwhile Patty and Selma take part in the Olympic rowing, and race against the Winklevoss twins, who are voiced by Armie Hammer.
- “Treehouse Of Horror XXII” will see Ned Flanders become a serial killer in a segment parodying the TV series Dexter and a segment parodying the movie 127 Hours featuring Aron Ralston.
- A Christmas episode called “Holidays of Future Passed” will be set 30 years in the future and will depict Bart as a deadbeat dad who lives in the school, which is now a condominium, and Skinner is his landlord.
- Homer becomes a populist TV pundit with his show “Gut Check with Homer Simpson”
Guest Stars this season include: Jonah Hill, Jeremy Irons (as Moe’s bar rag), Neil Gaiman, Jane Lynch (who will try to steal Homer’s job), Gordon Ramsay, Joan Rivers, Andy Garcia, Michael Cera, Bryan Cranston, Ted Nugent, Lady Gaga, Tim Heidecker, Eric Wareheim.